Thursday, December 14, 2017

Chile Here I Come!

This email is going to be short and sweet just like each week here at the CCM is. My sixth and final week at the CCM is here! This week was/is full of a lot of  meetings and last minute workshops where they are hoping to cram as much information as possible into our heads as if they haven't already been doing that this whole time.

We fly out at 7pm from Mexico and fly through the night on an 8 1/2 hour flight all the way until we get to Santiago at 6am. Wish me luck. There is a fairly big group of missionaries flying to Santiago together so it will be fun. What won't be fun is that we will be getting there during the hottest time of year... I am just starting to adjust to the 40 degree mornings and nights here in Mexico and now I have to start all over in the heat of summer while all of you back home enjoy your beautiful wintery Christmas.

I am excited to get out into the field though! We had TRC yesterday where volunteers who live around here come and let us teach them. We first taught an adorable 11 year old girl who kept correcting our Spanish, and then we taught her mother who shared with us such a strong testimony. her husband got in a bad accident a while ago where he fractured his head and also had a spinal injury both which caused him to lose his sight. She hadn't been to church in a while because she has been sick or taking care of her husband in his recovery process. In addition, she doesn't work so their family was struggling without her husband able to work and provide. Even during this hard time, she said she still felt the Saviors love with her every day. She played a song called His Hands will us and she sang along and it was so cute. She never doubted what she knew to be true and her testimony is strong as ever. She is an amazing example! My favorite part was when we said goodbye and she gave us all kisses on the cheek. I know it's a normal thing in this culture so i can't wait to get to Chile!! I know this Christmas is going to be quite different for me, but i can't think of a better gift than getting to meet all the people I have grown to love so much already.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas season and remember #lighttheworld

Hermana Bever

p.s. I will be emailing a little later today as well, so if you didn't get a chance, I would love to hear from you! 

Pics: We went to the temple visitor center last week and it was gorgeous!