SO i may not be catching on to Spanish super quick, but you can better believe i am catching on to Spanish slang. Hermana Pulsipher's special Latino friend taught us this "zero fear" phrase and a cool hand sign thing after he gave her a keychain as a token of his interest for her. We now use it almost every day when we play volleyball with the Latinos because it is one of the few things we can say to communicate with them.
This cero miedo is also going to be my motto for these last two weeks I have left here in Mexico. My companions and i were asked to be the sister training leaders for our zone so, it is pretty safe to say study time is going to be few and far between. It's all good though :) We love our girls so much. we have 16 hermanas and they are all so sweet. When we were called, my companions and decided it only made sense because Hermana Pulsipher is the therapist and welcomer, Hermana Murdock is the mediator and I am apparently the "manager." We are the 3 amigas!
Once again, this week has gone to show that my poor district 14E is the forgotten district. During my time here at the CCM so far, we have had 7 teachers, 3 different P-Days, missed dinner because of a schedule mixup, and we are completely separated from our branch both location and schedule wise. It sounds bad, but honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my time here at the CCM, I love my district, and I love my companions.
If you can't tell, charity and love are the attributes I am working on this week. In my personal study, I was studying charity and love and I read Jude 1:21 in the Old Testament. It was such a good reminder for me that the love of God is ALWAYS in our life, but it is up to us whether we KEEP ourselves in his love. If we daily look for the mercy of Jesus Christ and we use the atonement EVERY day, we will see and feel it. I encourage you to do something Elder Bednar challenged us to do in his Thanksgiving devotional to missionaries this last week. Go buy or find a cheap copy of the Book of Mormon. You know the original missionary blue cover one. Read it with a specific question in mind and while you are reading mark the heck out of it. Write in the margins, underline, highlight the whole 9 yards. When you're done write a small paragraph of what you learned and your testimony then write on the binding Christ's Atonement 1. When you are done, get a new one and start all over/ I just started this last week, but I have already learned so much, and I know you can do it to.
At a devotional with the MTC president and his wife, we talked about obedience and motivation. I wish i could share everything I learned but that would take too long. I know that this mission is going to be hard, and that i can't do it alone, but it's okay because I'm not doing it on my own. I have my Savior with me every second. The Bennetts said something that I LOVED and I hope it can help you too. They said: "Sometimes it's not enough to do our best, we need to do what is required; go further than you think you can, and you will be blessed with not only blessings, but miracles.
Have a great week! And I would love to hear from you!
Hermana Bever
Pics
We ate a whole apple pie (thanks mom!)
We ran through the sprinklers!!
We went to the Mexico temple last week and it was gorgeous
Sunset at the Mexico MTC