Friday, January 19, 2018

No Title

Good news! Hermana Vargas does not have gallstones and her gallbladder is just fine! Bad news is that now we are back to square one because she still has all the same symptoms and pains. Unfortunately that has meant that we are still in the apartment all day. However, more good news is that this means I get to go on divisions again! Last Friday I went to San Bernardo again but with different Hermanas in a different sector. It was a biking sector so I could to spend a day on a bike which was fun and very interesting haha This week we have divisions again, but this time I am staying here in Poeta and "leading the sector" so wish me luck!

As for our apartment adventures, President gave us permission to watch a select few movies that we found in our apartment so we have been enjoying our time watching Spirit and Home. It is good practice for me though because they are in Spanish which means I guess they technically count for my language study time too.

I think it is safe to say that the lesson I am supposed to learn right now is patience. Patience with myself, patience with the Lord, and patience with the language. There is a scripture that says it perfectly in Alma 17:11 : "And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites (or in my case Chileans), thy brethern, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls."  We can´t always control what happens to us, but we can always control how we react. I may be at the patient in (very) long-suffering part right now, but i know if I endure it weel with patient and positivity I will recieve the blessings promised in this scripture, and the Lord ALWAYS keeps his promises (2 Nephi 10:17)

Have a wonderful week!


Hermana Bever


a random street in Chile


my first completo with Hermana Vargas


another random street 


A pretty sunset in San Bernardo