Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Gran Avenida

HOLA TODOS!

Hello from my new area in a place called Gran Avenida! Cambios were yesterday so I am now in a new place with my new companion Hermana Fuentes. She is from Mexico and has a lot of energy and loves talking to people! She has been in the mission for only 6 weeks longer than I have so I am her first gringa companion! I have a feeling these next 6 weeks are going to be a lot different than the past 6 weeks, but i`m so excited!

Yesterday after cambios we ate lunch then got to work. Here in Gran Avenida and in Chile in general, there are a lot of Haitians from Haiti. They speak Creol and France mostly and sometimes Spanish or English. We taught a Haitian girl named Rose who is 16 and is an investigator, and it was so fun because she is learning Spanish just like I am so we had to talk slow and simple... in other words, i was able to understand everything! it was great! We taught two other lessons with another Haitian investigator and a mother an son, both fairly old. Well the mother is 91 and she is so sweet we call her abuelita. It was so funny because they have no patience for one another and are always annoyed with each other and interrupting each other. We also went and visited two different recent converts which was awesome. I can tell the ward here is great, and I am super excited to get out of the house!

TAMBIEN they hold Spanish classes here every Wednesday night and English classes every Saturday night (apparently no one comes to the English classes but I hope to change that). AND every Friday night they get together at the chapel and play soccer! I will finally get to work on my soccer skills!

This week I learned a lot about talents or spiritual gifts that we have. Everyone has been blessed with different talents, abilities, and gifts. There is a scripture that I don`t remember exactly where probably in Ether or Moroni, but it says something along the lines of "don`t deny the spiritual gifts of God." It says don`t DENY because all spiritual gifts are available to us if we work hard and strive to develop them. If I may not have the spiritual gift of tongues right now, I can work hard and pray hard and develop it. Everyone has been given spiritual gifts, but it is up to everyone indivually whether they accept them and not deny them.

Sending my love from Chile!
Hermana Bever




Half of my old zone



Last photo with Hermana Vargas


first photo with Hermana Fuentes


the gorgeous view from my new apartment window!!




the elders who served in our same ward in Poeta and two of their investigadors,