Thursday, February 15, 2018

I shook an apostle's hand!

You can best believe that shaking Elder Christofferson`s hand was the highlight of my week! It was so cool just to be in the presence of a member of the quorum of the twelve. I swear i could feel it the second he walked into the building. In case you were wondering, his hair is even more marvillous in person and yes his perfect teeth are real. He answered questions and gave us a study assignment that I am excited to complete. Tonight we will get to see him again because he is speaking at a devotional for three stakes in the area and our stake happens to be one of them! The conference was great and it was great to meet at a mission again.

Also big news.. I am in a trio again! Hermana Vargas who was my companion last transfer went back to her home so she could recover so her companion Hermana Matos was sent back to us to be a trio. She trained Hermana Fuentes so i am with my abuela and my mama and both are training me hahaha

We met two new investigadors this week named Martìn and Nazi. They are Haitianos and speak literally zero spanish so it is hard to teach them, but it`s also pretty fun. We read with them and use a lot of hand gestures. They talked to missionaries before in Haiti so they were really excited to continue the lessons here in Chile.

A big theme in the devotional with Elder Cristofferson and a big theme in general lately has been The Book of Mormon. I know there must be a reason that it is being stressed so much right now, and I am grateful for the challenge because I have learned so much and developed a great love for it. The more you read it the better it gets honestly. Starting is the hardest part, but it is so worth it once you get past that!!!


Happy Valentine`s Day!!!

Hermana Bever

Ether 3