Thursday, May 10, 2018

Email from 5/2/18


Hi Family!

Since I forgot to write last week, i´ll update you on life :) My companion Hermana Santos is gone! She finished her mission and is now back in Brazil with her family. So now it is just Hermana Spinelli and I living it up. Since I am her first companion after her trainer who we all her mamá, i am the greenie breaker which means I am her papá! So right now I am a dad!

We decided Santos took the sun with her when she left because literally the day she left was the start of the cold. Winter is coming! Although her leaving was sad, we had the miracle of making contact with a lot of our investigators that we haven´t been able to contact for a long time!

Javier: We finally made contact with him because his crush hermana Santos finally left so he didn´t have that distraction haha He came to our ward festival de postres activity where he was asked to be a judge! He is fitting into the ward really well now!

Side note: we had activities leading up to our ward conference which was awesome! Ward conference was like a week of activities including a temple trip, this fastival de postres and i think something else! Also they took a ward picture and ate cake after church. It was a legit ward conference!

Micaela: Oh my gosh she is so amazing! She is so sensitive to the spirit and really wants to get baptised but we found out she is not married so we are hoping to plan a wedding this transfer! I knew all the times i´ve watched the wedding planner weren´t for nothing!

Tatiana: She is a new investigator but is so awesome! She is 16 and super independent and wants to get baptised so we are teaching her. And the best part is she has a one month year old puppy that I get to hold and play with during our lessons :)

Yola: Her baby Darwin has been hospitalize for a week because he has bronchitus so it has been a little rough for her. She recieved and blessing of comfort and we visit her when she can (when she is actually home) but she could definately use some prayers.

SPIRITUAL THOUGHT (because I am a missionary and this is what I do :))
Jacob 4:3
Sometimes we forget that writing on the ancient gold plates was super difficult! Engraving every character must have taken so much time to complete and now we have the blessing to have millions of copies in hundreds of languages printed all over the world for all the read! These prophets of old sacrificed all this time and labored so diligently because they knew how important this book would be for future generations... for us! We have the Book of Mormon so we can learn with joy and not with sorrow! If we accept the Book of Mormon with thankful hearts we will be able to see all the amazing stories and lessons that we can learn from this book. It honestly is a marvilous book and I know it has the ability to change lives. READ IT! EVERY DAY!

Love you all so much! thank you for the life updates!!

Hermana Bever