HAPPY FORTH OF JULY! or the equivalent in Chile which is RAW
HAMBURGERS AND STAR WARS!
Ya on this fine and i am sure sunny American 4th of July
that you are all experiencing, I was able to enjoy myself a elder made, SUPER
raw hamburger and watch Star Wars on this very rainy and cold day here hahaha
not quite the same, but I still sang "I´m proud to be an American" and
made sure to teach it to my companion too :) She is now a proud American too.
This week was super fun though!! We had a Family Home
Evening for the whole ward on Thursday which turned out to be a Family Home
Evening of investigators only... Ya not too many members came, but we have 10
investigators come which was super awesome! SOOO tip at home: if the
missionaries through an activity GO! It will be fun :) But ya we had a whole
Haitiano family come which made it sooo funny because the majority of them don´t
speak Spanish so you can imagine trying to explain "MINUTE TO WIN IT"
games to them. They had fun though, and we had fun watching them too hahaha
This week actually was just full of Family Home Evenings,
but they are awesome and our investigators LOVE THEM! It´s such an awesome way
to help the investigators and members develop friendships. Besides the one we
did in the ward, we had 2 more, and you will be happy to hear that in these
ones I did not have to sing any version of any song :) In other words.. it was
a success!
Paola and Esperanza are doing great! We are still trying to
help them reach their baptismal date which is the 14th but Paola is getting
teeth removed on Monday and her baptism is scheduled for that Saturday so it
will be a miracle, but I am confident we can do it!!!
Sandra and Caro are great! They love the Family Home
Evenings and they accepted our invitation to be baptized! AND they invited
someone to hear the lessons with us! We can literally call them 30 minutes
before an activity and they will say yes to coming hahah they´re awesome.
Mosiah 18:8-9, 11
8. And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here
are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous
to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to
bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;
9. Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea,
and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of
God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in..
11. And now when the people had heard these words, they
clapped their hands for joy, and exclaimed: This is the desire of our
hearts.
I encourage you all to think about what is the desire of
your hearts? Because I know that when we have the desire to help others and to
serve god is when we can experience so much joy ( and then clap our hands)! It
is important to have good desires and to figure out what our desires are
because they motivate us to action.
Love you all!
Hermana Bever
p.s. Sorry I don´t have very many pictures! I will send more
next week :)
Family Home Evening for the ward