Saturday, December 2, 2017

It's always a party! - November 15, 2017

Hola mi familia!

Surprise! My P-Day was moved up from Thursday to Wednesday because my branch got dissolved. As the number of missionaries in the CCM (Mexico MTC) gets smaller and smaller they start combining branches and changing districts so it´s been a little crazy! We have had out schedules changed three times already in the last week, but it´s okay because i am getting pretty good at adapting to change. 

For starters I am in Mexico!! whoop whoop! It´s sunny and 75 every day, and aparently it´s always a party because there are fireworks constantly going off throughout the day. I say fireworks but they are really just loud explsions that people shoot into the sky.. like fireworks but without the flare. 

Other than the fact that I am in another country that never sleeps, I also now spend literally 24/7 with two of the most amazing girls ever. I am in a trio with Hermana Murdock who is from Montana and Hermana Pulsipher who is from San Diego. I think somone upstairs is looking out for me, because we got super lucky when we were put together. We all get along super well which makes our constant companionship more of a blessing and less of a burden :) Hermana Pulsipher is so sweet always so friendly with everyone and so loving in our lessons, and Hermana Murdock is always laughing at the dumbest things with me and keeping me sane. She is such a peacemaker too. They are truly amazing and patient people because somehow they deal with my hard headedness and my competitive nature during four square of all things. I am so blessed.

Our district is made of up 8 elders (4 companionships) and they are all such uniques missionaries hahaha they are the best. I will attatch a picture :) It´s fun with them because a lot of them just graduated high school this year so we just get to talk with them like little brothers. one does back flips, one beat boxes, one registers everything 5 minutes after it happened, one is a motivational speaker, one is LITERALLY Toby from the office, one is always smiling... they´re just awesome.

Spanish is coming slow and steady... really slow hahah our teachers are amazing and they make it so easy to understand them, but once we are left to fend for ourselves in a lesson, somehow i forget everything I have learned! I am learning to fully rely on the Spirit which is really hard for me when I feel like I need to write down every thing i want to say, but  I am learning and growing so much every day, I love it!! I know I have a special calling and power as a missionary because I am able to get up at 6:30am every day no problem (hear that mom ;)) and there are times when I will be talking and have no idea what im saying but I know they are inspired.

Every day is such a spiritual high! Mi compaƱeras y yo always joke that it is literally EFY on steroids hahaha The MTC president and his wife (the Bennets) are incredible people who always know exactly what to say to lift our spirits. 

The other day we had a devotional and one of the members of the presidency spoke and he was a kernal in the Air Force so he was super inspirational about us giving our 110%. Not going to lie, it is hard, but I have never been more determined in my entire life. However, this is sometimes a bad thing because I can be too hard on myself for not learning the language fast enough or not having every scripture memorized... as you all know. But there is a scripture that i really like in Mosiah 4:27 that says, ´´for it is not requisite that a man run faster than he has strength.´´ I LOVE the Spanish language and I love feeling so close to the Spirit every day, and I know that as long as I do my best every day, I will be able to change lives. I CAN´T WAIT! I encourage all of you to do the same. To work hard and just give your 110% every day.

I would love love love to hear from everyone so email me, or even better use dearelder because then I can read them right away!!!! Also mom, since letters and packages dont get here sometimes and its just unreliable, there is an awesome thing called missionarymx i think.. anyway you can order yummy things and a local business will then buy and deliver it here ;) 

Love,


Hermana Bever