Friday, June 1, 2018

Lice, Puke and Hot Sauce


Hello all! This week had been full of ups and downs but we are still here!! For starters Hermana Spinelli has been sick so that was fun Sunday when we get to church and immediately she goes to the bathroom and pukes and we had 5 investigators in the other room waiting for us! We have been struggling with that a little these past few days, but we are recovering! On top of that, I found out I had lice! That was fun...I went full out kill mode and just did everything I could to exterminate them, and I am happy to say that after much prayer and tea tree oil, I am lice free!! It was a stressful but short moment.

I felt bad because the day that i was decontaminating my bedding, we had divisions and my poor Hermana Leader had to sleep with a little blanket and a crappy pillow... Divisions were way fun for me though! I got to return to Poeta for the first time since I left. We visited a few investigators that I knew and they didn´t really remember me which is fair due to the fact that I barely talked back them and was only there for one change. But i did get the chance to stop by the Requilme family and that was super fun to see and talk to them.

Other than that, this week I yelled "Alo!" in our investigators face because I didn´t see him opening the gate... i scared him.. oops. I accidentally put hot sauce instead of ketchup on my french fries and we learned a dance that we were going to participate in for a stake activity but it involved of hip action so we decided to bow out hahaha but ya that is pretty much how our week has been going!

Mosiah 4:3  And it came to pass that after they had spoken these words the Spirit of the Lord came upon them, and they were filled with joy, having received a remission of their sins, and having peace of conscience, because of the exceeding faith which they had in Jesus Christ who should come, according to the words which king Benjamin had spoken unto them.

More than anything, I have learned that the gospel of Jesus Christ provides peace of concsience. The oportunity that i have here on my mission to promise peace and change to those troubled by guilt and shame has changed me. The repentance process is real and powerful, and I have seen it change people. If we are burdened by feelings of lonliness and guilt, there is a way to make it go away and his name is Jesus Christ. He loves us so much!!!!

I love you all and I love Chile!

Hermana Bever