HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!
I decided to put that in my mass email so that everyone can
know that it was my moms birthday this week!
I don`t have a whole lot to
report on this week so I will just give a little update of people and things!
Our most potential investigator right now is Yola who is
from haiti and she has a baptismal date for June 9th!!! We went over to her
house where we met a few other Haitianos that live there so we started teaching
them and Yola was helping us! She was like our third companion, testifying and
explaining things so they can understand and replying to their questions before
we could! It was so cool. Last week we left her with the Restoration DVD to
watch and she watched twice and then invited her friend over so they could
watch it together. SHE WACTHED IT 3 TIMES! She is awesome.
We had a leave one of our investigators because he flat out
told us he only every came to church to see Hermana Santos because he was head
over heels in love with her... Freaking Javier. That was a fun conversation let
me tell you.
Hermana Spinelli and I found out in our interviews with
President that we are going to have changes and that is most likely that
Spinelli will be leaving so I will get a new companion! Speaking of changes, I
cut my hair! Well... We went to our investigator Micaela`s house where she told
us she could help us with our hair so she gave me a "trim" and she
tried to do layers but only in the front so my hair was literally two
completely different lengths. If you looked at me frm the front it was short
and then if i turned around it was long.. we got some good laughs from that and
lets just say i left my hair in a pony tail for three days straight. Yesterday
Hermana Brown who lives with us finally just cut it all short hahah I will send
a picture next week :)
I was reading in Matthew and 3 Nephi this week and comparing
the teachings of Christ from the Bible with the teaching of Christ in the Book
of Mormon, and I loved reading the two!
3 Nephi 13:19-22 & Matthew 5:19-22
19. Lay not up for
yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,
and thieves break through and steal;
20. But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal.
21. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
22. The light of the body is the eye; if, therefore, thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
The Book of Mormon seriously is ANOTHER testament of Jesus Christ. It is a treasure in my life and for that reason my heart is filled with so much joy when I read it and share it with others. READ IT!!!
20. But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal.
21. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
22. The light of the body is the eye; if, therefore, thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
The Book of Mormon seriously is ANOTHER testament of Jesus Christ. It is a treasure in my life and for that reason my heart is filled with so much joy when I read it and share it with others. READ IT!!!
Love you
all!!!!
Hermana Bever